We're looking for a part-time Sales Associate to work weekends at our clothing consignment shop in Capitol Hill. Located in one of Seattle’s busiest commercial streets, Creature’s neighbors include Victrola Coffee, Liberty Bar, Rainbow Remedies and an array of other fantastic restaurants and shops. We enjoy a diverse group of customers and consignors, and are happy to be part of such a vibrant, welcoming community.
At Creature, we strive to create a one-of-a-kind consignment experience. Our goals are to provide excellent customer service, a revolving door of the latest fashion and on-trend vintage, and boutique-level styling and merchandising. We are looking for someone to join our small team and help us cultivate our growing community of customers and consignors. The right candidate will have experience in customer service in a fast-paced, multi-faceted retail setting and the ability to merchandise and create displays on a constantly rotating sales floor. This position requires excellent communications skills, creative problem-solving and the ability to juggle multiple tasks while maintaining a positive and upbeat attitude. An introductory knowledge of brands, fashion trends and styling is a plus.
Sales Associate responsibilities:
- Welcome, assist, and interact with customers and consignors
- Operate the point of sale system
- Keep sales floor clean and running smoothly
- Communicate consignment and shop policies with consignors and customers
- Use our consignor software system to manage consignor inventory and check consignor’s account balances
- Photograph new products and post to Instagram
- Steam and detail new products
- Must be able to work weekends (both Saturday and Sunday)
- 1+ years experience in a retail setting
- Introductory knowledge of slow fashion brands and sustainable fashion
- Merchandising and styling experience is a plus!
To apply, please email a short cover letter, resume and contact information for two references to email@example.com. Added bonus if you’ve been to the shop before and can speak directly to what would make you a great fit!
Desired start date: Late December 2023/Early January 2024
Starting Pay: $20-21, DOE